Monday, August 21, 2006

New Language Group :-(

We underwent a mock language test last week in order for our trainers to get an idea of how the group is faring as a whole. Of course, I studied for it to ensure I would do well...little did I know what the outcome for that would be! Based on our test results we were ranked and placed in groups with people closer to our ranking. I am now in a group with new people and have a new teacher. I'm not a huge fan of change and I don't have a lot of confidence when speaking Tongan. It has helped that I've been with the same group of people for the past 6 weeks. Now I feel embarassed to even try to speak Tongan. In addition, I now need to allow about 30 minutes to get to the village that my language instructor is in...Grrr.



Jamie & Sami have language in a village farther than mine, so we all borrowed bikes and road to our new language class today. How do you like our sexy helmets??

No comments: