Sunday, August 13, 2006

As Special Sunday

This Sunday our church service was filmed for Tongan TV. The fiefekau (minister) told the congregation last week and asked that everyone wear white and wear their best clothing.
My host family took this as an opportunity to dress me as they wanted.

Here I am ... ready for Tongan television!












Dawn was asked to do a scripture reading in the service - we were very proud of her!






After the service, we had the biggest kai pola (feast) I had ever seen ... definitely put our church potlucks to shame! All of these tables were loaded down with food. Although there were 2 - 3 times the number of people as there were chairs, that is not a problem in Tonga. As soon as a chair is vacated, another person will sit down and continue eating where the other person left off...using the same plate and everything!



With my host "mom" (she's younger than me!), Mo'ana.







No comments: