Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Finally, a lovely home!


After spending several days cleaning out a completely filthy place and being told by my PC supervisor that it looked just fine to him and trying to deal with the thought of living in that place for 2 years and then finding out that my supervisor had been terminated for what amounted to embezelling and finding out that the safety officer at PC had NOT approved the filthy place as a safe place for me to live, I continued living at Sela's for several more weeks until my employer found this perfect place for me to live! All of the drama was worth it to be in this truly lovely place. It takes me about 30 minutes to walk to work in the morning and about 20 minutes to walk into town, but walking is good and I definitely don't mind! This is a brand new duplex-style bungalow on the compound of a Tongan family, so it's a safe place too! I love it!










Views from my front porch - another volunteer lives right next door!











My new bedroom - so light & cheery! Not a lot of closet space, but since I don't have much, it works perfectly!




The bathroom - indoor toilet and shower (with only cold running water, but I'm just HAPPY to have a clean place to shower!)
My most frequent visitor is this HUGE brown pig at the neighbors house ... here's a few photos of me in my new place! How do you like the counter & cupboard space in the kitchen? I think it's great!!

No comments: