Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Shock of my Life!

While checking my e-mail after class yesterday, I received the shock of my life. One of my fellow volunteers had sent me an e-mail that I was completely unprepared for! He'd hoped to speak with me in-person but since all of us were always in a large group, hadn't been able to and had to tell me (basically) that he liked me! I most definitely did not see this coming. I even wondered for several minutes if it was a prank of some kind as I'd never gotten any vibe from this guy that he was remotely interested...

After deciding that this was not a prank, the real difficulties began ... I think the world of this man - he is absolutely everything that I could imagine wanting in a life partner ... strong Christian, adventurous, completely hot, easy-going and very considerate. The catch ... I'm 4 inches taller than him. Even he realized this might very well be a problem. But, he had to tell me anyways and now I have a decision to make.

We spoke for nearly 4 hours today - alone - and I still can't make a decision. I've asked him to give me time to think about it and he's given me all the time I need or want. I'm really conflicted over this - as great as I think he is, I don't know if I can date someone and feel like a giant ogre all the time we're together and it wouldn't be fair to be bothered by something that is completely outside of his control ...

No comments: