Sunday, September 17, 2006

A legal trip to Pangaimotu















The volunteers who have been assigned to outer island areas are being allowed to stay until next Wednesday so that they can be present at the King's funeral on Tuesday. Since this is our last weekend together, a group of us decided to rent the large room at this rustic resort and spend the night at Pangaimotu ... this time without breaking into the Peace Corps office for our life jackets!

Our very rustic accomodations...




































We had brought mats to sit on and plenty of coke and Tongan rum (which was really rough) to enjoy the sunset with ... we must have been in a good position for a meteor storm as we saw SO many "shooting stars!"














The group ran off to get some more beverages from the cafe, leaving Jason & I watching shooting stars alone together...we thought that was a coincidence (ha ha!). It had been nearly a week since we talked about how he felt about me ... after shedding many tears because I knew I could not be with him, I finally realized that if I didn't at least try, I would most likely regret it for the rest of my life. And that is what I told him. So we held hands for the first time while watching shooting stars on a beautiful beach in the South Pacific ... not bad!



The group room we stayed in and the beautiful ocean just steps away.




Jason showing off his incredible back flipping & rope climbing skills!!










No comments: